Call for General FMS Award Nominations
Nominations are due June 30, 2023
The Conservation Achievement Award recognizes any significant action, program, or initiative by a nonmember individual, non-governmental organization, or state (provincial), Tribal, local, or federal agency that contributes substantially to fishery conservation or fishery science. Click here for a list of past award recipients.
The Award of Merit recognizes a singular accomplishment of an individual or group acting as a team or committee for contributions to fisheries management and research. The award can be given for outstanding leadership, administration, or project-related accomplishment in any aspect of the fisheries profession. Click here for a list of past award recipients.
The Award of Excellence recognizes accomplishments and inspirational leadership in the fishery profession and substantial achievements for AFS and the fisheries resource. The recipients must have effectively communicated their work at the national and/or international level. This award is not the same as nominations to the Hall of Excellence. Click here for a list of past award recipients.
Nominations should be submitted in letter format and must contain the following information:
- A detailed description of the nominee’s accomplishments related to the qualifications of each award.
- A nomination may be submitted by a single individual or it can be a collaborative nomination. Collaborative nominations should be submitted together.
- Provide the nominee’s contact information (email and phone) and the nominator’s info in the application (email and phone).
- These awards are presented at the annual Fisheries Management Section business meeting that is held in conjunction with the national American Fisheries Society meeting on August 20, 2023, in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Award recipients do not need to be present to accept their award. If your nominee is selected for the award, we may ask that you summarize the nomination in 300 words or less for it to be read at the meeting.
- The application deadline for these awards is close of business on June 30, 2023. Send nomination letters to Jeff Kopaska [email protected]